Something I have had trouble with is cutting the super-thin styrene sheets (.13 mm). You can’t buy strips this thin, and using a scoring blade tends to just bend the sheets. So, I used a paper-cutter. The trick was having something that held the entire sheet down so it doesn’t move. I was able to create several dozen strips of various sizes. Now, I can put them in my chopper and create super-thin raised panels for any project I’m working on.
Well, I bought several new toys from the upcoming movies last night, including 5 Titaniums and several of the new Micro Machines. I’ve been sharing my thoughts on Rebelscum.com, but I updated the scale lists for the Titaniums and added a new page for Micro Machines. Currently, I only have the measured sizes…no scales yet since I don’t know the actual sizes.
Among other models I’ve finished lately is a 1/48th scale Tamiya Hetzer in winter scheme.
I recently noticed that the Star Wars Databank has changed many of the lengths for various ships and vehicles. Most of these are small changes, but a few nearly double the size of the vehicle. For instance, the AT-TE is now listed at 22.02 meters, which makes a lot more sense than earlier ~13 m reported size. I went in and changed MANY of the vehicles to the new sizes (thus new scales estimates) accordingly. However, I still maintain my own estimates for the TIEs, A-wing, and a few other craft.
Strangely, they upped the Y-wing to 23.4 meters from 16 meters, perhaps to match the Clone Wars variant. This figure would make it longer than the AT-AT is tall, so I’m sticking with 16m.
As always, if you find any errors or if you have any questions, please contact me.
I finally finished airbrushing the AT-ST. Primarily I used Life Color Barley Grey for the base coat. I then used various other LC greys as highlights. I then took some whitish-grey to create some streaks down the side of the cabin. I’ll be painting in some more modulation, but for now, the airbrushing is done.