Airbrushing a walker

I finally finished airbrushing the AT-ST. Primarily I used Life Color Barley Grey for the base coat. I then used various other LC greys as highlights. I then took some whitish-grey to create some streaks down the side of the cabin. I’ll be painting in some more modulation, but for now, the airbrushing is done.

36 - Airbrushing done

36 – Airbrushing done

 

New server

Well, after over a week of issues, I recently switched to SiteGround for my hosting. Granted, I’m doing the cheapest option, but so far, it has exceeded my expectations. This, plus the new Star Wars trailer makes one excellent day indeed.

Finished the AT-AT Barge

What I am now calling the Thane-class, the AT-AT Barge is finally finished; though I have yet to write the backstory. Please check out the build log and the thread at Keeper of the Force, and please feel free to comment. Cheers!

AT-AT barge painting the details

I threw about 2 hours or so into it yesterday primarily focusing on finishing up the painting. I also did some chipping using Vallejo paints.

Here’s the menacing front. I emulated the viewscreen based on the AT-AT walkers. I painted it red. Then I added a highly thinned Life Color black shade. The water in the acrylics wicked along the edges making it appear to glow. Chipping was done with mostly white paint. I know that after the filter stage, it will tone the white down a bit.

For the blown out panel, I just painted everything very lightly with a few yellow hoses.

Finally, I painted the greeblies on the underside various colors and finished it off with some chipping. I used the sponge method for most of the chipping, then I came back with a tiny brush to add a few larger chips.