Star Wars Model Kits scale list
Unlike most of the aforementioned toys and collectibles, models are sold unassembled and usually unpainted. These require a good amount of time if you want to get a good looking model; although, they are easier than creating a scratch-built or kit-bashed model. There aren’t many companies offering Star Wars models, as the licensing is a tricky issue. However, I’ll give you a rundown of the most common. Assume they are injection-molded plastic kits unless noted
- Revell – These kits are pre-painted, snap together, and usually come with rubbery figures. These are NOT re-boxings of old AMT kits.
- Revell of Germany – Previously separate from Revell, RoG released a Venator Star Destroyer with great detail, but requires painting.
- MPC or AMT or AMT/Ertl – MPC released several kits back in the late 70’s and early 80’s. These kits were reissued under Airfix, AMT, and AMT/Ertl as recently as 2004-ish. AMT/Ertl also released several Episode I mini-kits in 1999.
- Fine Molds – Comparatively new, the Japan-based company has released several excellent kits, primarily in 1/72 scale. These kits have the really great detail and include a very high piece count, but they still fit together rather well.
- Bandai – replacing Fine Molds as the Japanese Star Wars model producer in 2014, these kits are beautifully molded and engineered. The fit nicely together without glue, but require care when using enamel products.
- SMT – The Canadian company has released several excellent resin kits of popular and unique models in the early 2000’s. Most are no longer available and only saw short online runs. SMT is no longer around.
- Zarkus – US-based ZMT has released several resin kits as well (some mastered for SMT). Zarkus is still making kits, available online.
- Anigrand – This Chinese based company stopped making SW models in early 2010, but not before releasing some excellent resin kits. Most came with smaller accessory kits and were scaled to other popular SW model kits.
- Scale Solutions – Based in Australia, Scale Solutions has released many unique Star Wars resin kits, many are still available online.
- JPG Castings – US-based individual who creates many unique and high-quality Star Wars resin kits in a variety of scales.
- Odyssey Slipways – US-based resin kit maker. Most kits are small and are designed as accessories to larger ships.
A [ * ] indicates these measurements were taken by others
|Speeder Bike||Bandai||11||27.7 cm||3 m|
|Snowspeeder||Fine Molds||45||11.8 cm||5.3 m|
|AT-ST||Bandai||49||18.5 cm (height est.)||9.04 m|
|T-70 X-wing (lvl 2 kit)||Revell||50||25 cm||12.48 m|
|AT-PT||Zarkus Models||53||7.5 cm (height est.)||4 m|
|Snowspeeder (pocket kit)||Revell||53||10 cm||5.3 cm|
|Jedi Interceptor (pocket kit)||Revell||55||9.93 cm||5.47 m|
|Slave I||Fine Molds||71||30.5 cm (height)||21.5 m|
|First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter||Bandai||72||9.26 cm (wing length)||6.69 m||2.13 cm (viewport)|
|TIE Advanced x1||Bandai||72||8.5 cm (wing length)||6.2 m (est.)||2.23 cm (viewport)|
|TIE Fighter||Bandai||72||10.1 cm (wing length)||7.24 m||2.23 cm (viewport)|
|TIE Striker||Bandai||72||23.8 cm||17.18 m||1.915 cm (viewport)|
|Y-wing||Bandai||72||22.5 cm *||16.24 m|
|TIE/D||Scale Solutions||74||8.47 cm||6.3 m|
|TIE Interceptor||Bandai||74||12.15 cm||9 m (est.)||2.23 cm (viewport)|
|Jedi Starfighter (pocket kit)||Revell||80||10 cm (figure too small)||8.99 m|
|Millennium Falcon||Fine Molds||80||43.18 cm||34.75 m|
|TIE Fighter||Fine Molds||81||8.91 cm (wing length)||7.24 m||1.99 cm (viewport)|
|TIE Interceptor||Fine Molds||82||11 cm (wing length)||9 m (est.)||1.99 cm (viewport)|
|Tie Advanced x1||Fine Molds||83||7.47 cm (wing length)||6.2 m (est.)||1.99 cm (viewport)|
|TIE Advanced x1 (pocket kit)||Revell||88||7.08 cm (wing length)||6.2 m (est.)||1.68 cm (viewport)|
|U-wing||Revell||89||28 cm||24.98 m|
|TIE Interceptor (pocket kit)||Revell||90||10 cm (wing length)||9 m (est.)||1.64 cm (viewport)|
|Imperial Shuttle||Revell||103||19.4 cm *||20 m|
|Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle||Revell||106||35 cm (wings gear up)||37.2 m|
|AT-TE||Revell||109||16.5 cm (sans guns)||18 m (est.)|
|X-wing (pocket kit)||Revell||114||11 cm||12.5 m|
|ARC-170 (pocket kit)||Revell||127||15.59 cm (width)||19.85 m|
|AT-AT||Bandai||141||16 cm (height)||22.5 m||19.2 cm (length)|
|Combat Assault Tank||Bandai||144||5.08 cm||7.3 m|
|Tie Advanced x1||Bandai||144||4.31 cm||6.2 m (est.)||1.113 cm (viewport)|
|TIE Fighter||Bandai||144||5.03 cm||7.24 m||1.113 cm (viewport)|
|TIE Striker||Bandai||144||11.9 cm||17.18 m|
|Y-wing||Bandai||144||11.26 cm *||16.24 m|
|Millennium Falcon||Fine Molds||159||21.8 cm||34.75 m|
|AT-ACT||Revell||160||19.9 cm *||31.85 m|
|Millennium Falcon (TFA kit)||Revell||164||21.2 cm||34.75 m|
|TIE Phantom||Anigrand||170||6.2 cm||? (est. 10.5 m)|
|Millennium Falcon (Hoth Base)||MPC||240||14.5 cm *||34.75 m|
|Millennium Falcon (pocket kit)||Revell||348||10 cm||34.75 cm|
|Rebel Transport (Hoth Base)||MPC||375||24 cm *||90 m|
|MTT (ep1 mini-kit)||AMT/Ertl||559||6.43 cm||35.94 m|
|Republic Cruiser (ep1 mini-kit)||AMT/Ertl||1711||6.721 cm||115 m|
|Droid Landing Ship (ep1 mini-kit)||AMT/Ertl||1951||7.639 cm (width)||149 m|
|Nebulon-B Frigate||Anigrand||2096||14.316 cm||300 m|
|MC30c Frigate||Cosmos Models||2256||25.6 cm||580 m|
|Blockade Runner||Anigrand||2327||5.445 cm||126.68 m|
|Star Destroyer (snap kit)||Revell||4000||40 cm *||1600 m|
|Arquitens Light Cruiser||Odyssey Slipways||4111||7.905 cm||325 m|
|Star Destroyer||MPC||4200||38.1 cm *||1600 m|
|MC30c Frigate||Utar Ships||4290||13.52 cm||580 m|
|Star Destroyer (pocket kit)||Revell||12052||13.276 cm||1600 m|
Notes on Estimated Sizes
A-wing - based on sizing pilot to cockpit size from RotJ stills
AT-TE - based on stills from AotC looking at Clone height and LAAT Dropship size
TIE variants - based on standardized canopy diameter, see TIE page
TIE Phantom - based on assuming the FFG model is 1/270