Y-wing Gold Leader
Classic Galoob Action Fleet
- Opening cockpit
- Rotating ion cannon turret
out engine nacelle hatch
- Retractable landing gear (3)
- Playset attachment hole (top of rear hull)
- Poseable Gold Leader and R2 unit
- Silver “SW” Logo box with oversized canopy / “clean” (pictured right)
- Silver “SW” Logo box with oversized canopy / “dirty”
- Gold “SW” Logo box with slim canopy / “clean”
- Gold “SW” Logo box with slim canopy / “dirty” (pictured)
- None currently
- Most of the body is glued together. The whole thing is a bitch to get apart. Starboard nacelle dome and port nacelle cuff are glued in and hold the hull together along with screws. Then there’s glue everywhere else. When I took it apart, I cut off the nacelle cuffs and popped the body apart starting with the cockpit.
FYI, there is the earliest version, which is oversized canopy but dirty too, like your pictured one. I am about to sell it with the rest of my whole collection on eBay.
One neat bit of trivia regarding this toy is that it was prototyped by Adam Savage. You can hear him talking about it in one of the Tested videos on YouTube. He built three prototypes, and they had the correct spar (slightly above center), which was probably changed to make molding the body halves easier.
Yeah, I remember that episode. He did a great job on it from the looks of it.