Star Wars Micro Galaxy Squadron Archives
2022 Jazwares Action Fleet-inspired line
In 2022, toy company Jazwares announced a new line of collectible Star Wars toys called Micro Galaxy Squadron. This new line is very reminiscent of Galoob's old Action Fleet line. Every toy comes with at least 1 poseable figure and an array of "action" features like opening wings, extendable landing gear, and opening cockpits.
Micro Galaxy Squadron figures have poseable arms and legs and are roughly 1" tall or 1/72 scale. The ships however vary from 1/50-ish to nearly 1/200 in scale.
Sculpts and details are usually very good, even if the paint doesn't always show it. Weathering is often overdone, like a coffee wash, but it can be removed with isopropyl alcohol. Because they are plastic, they are easy to modify. Moreover, the 1/72 scale figures are great for mixing with other model kits lines.
I have exclusive ships photographed at the bottom of this page, whereas each series has it's own page.
- Series 1 - X-wing, FanBlade, TIE Fighter variants , Falcon, Slave I, AT-ST, Razor Crest and more
- Series 2 - Havoc Marauder, Jedi Starfighters, AAT, LAAT, A-wing, Gauntlet Fighter and more
- Series 3 - Gunship repaints, Podracers, V-wing, Inquisitor Scythe, Jedi Interceptors and more
- Series 4 - AT-AT, Lambda Shuttle, TIE Bomber, TIE Interceptor, Y-wing, Vulture Droids and more
- Series 5 - B-wing, U-wing, Geonosian Starfighter, Cloud Car, V-19 Torrent, AT-DP and more
- entirely molded in transparent blue
- same features as Series 1 TIE Fighter
- poseable TIE Pilot
Despite this being a really hard to come by SDCC exclusive, I really love it. The transparent blue makes it look like a hologram. You can even see the spring on the underside that helps you eject the TIE Pilot. Only 500 were made.
- same features as Series 1 Millennium Falcon, except with rectangular dish
- poseable Chewbacca, Hondo Ohnaka, Vi Moradi, R5-P8
Though this was only released at the Galaxy's Edge park, what made this set great was the figures. I had a friend get one for me just to have a Hondo minifigure. Yet, all of the figures are great, especially the R5 unit with the shark tooth markings.