Finally, I got around to finishing the build of the Nebulon-B Frigate-headache. Luckily, after getting the primary pieces reattached, the details have fallen together easily. I haven't had many issues, except a few parts cracking. But again, I just keep adding layers and layers of detail, mostly styrene strips. On a nice day, I primed it using Tamiya's Fine Grey Primer, a lacquer. And this folks, is why priming is so important. I had a lot of cracks and splits that I had not previously seen. I also noticed several places where glue had collected and needed to be removed. Also, the thrusters look really bad, so I'll add that to the list of things to fix.
Tag Archives: kit-bash
So I got published…
If you happen to pick up the November issue of FineScale Modeler, you will see an article I wrote several years ago on my Rehtna P. Hovertank. It’s only a few pages, but it’s really awesome that I am now in print. Hopefully this will inspire me to write a few more articles for other publications.
Still working on the Shrike. I’ve airbrushed it and adding acrylic chipping and highlights.
The Shrike – Slave 1 kitbash
Well, this is my latest build that I’ve been working on for a few months now. I had the Fine Molds 1/72 Jango Slave I and decided to kit-bash it into a custom mercenary transport. The build log is here with feedback at Keeper of the Force.