Enjoy my first ever YouTube video on essential scale-modeling tools and tricks. Yes it's long, and yes I ramble. I'd love feedback. Thank you all!
So, I am working on a commission piece for a Republic Gunship. I've given myself about 6-8 weeks or so. I'll be doing some modifications and repainting the beast, so stay tuned. Hopefully having a deadline will help get me going.
For something different, I decided to build a little armored car, Tamiya's 1/48 Type 16. It's a modern Japanese 8-wheeled vehicle designed for the roadways of Japan. It was a fun little vehicle, and gave me something that I could actually complete while working on others things.
Also, I've been getting closer to finishing the build of the Combat Assault Tank. Latest update: working commanders hatch. Check it out.
Oh yeah, new larger format pictures. I'm going to try to start uploading much larger image sizes, but I don't know if I'll go back and resize the thousands of prior images.
I bought this guy last week, and I wanted to share. I love this design, and I really enjoyed building and painting the detailed (but minute) Bandai set. This one is from the Legion tabletop miniatures game by Fantasy Flight. They are 1/44 scale, but look very close to 1/48
A few others have talked about the Legion Combat Assault Tank, but I thought I'd add a few close-ups.
- Great detail on everything
- Tracks for accurate R1 model and have slots that prevent you putting them in backwards
- 2 guns to mount to the hatch
- both hatches can be modeled open
- slight seam lines on main guns
- side guns can rotate after being popped in
- 1/44 scale figure is very close to 1/48 AT-ST driver and old WotC miniatures
- two molds for each set of arms
- cargo containers are all separate and look great