I threw about 2 hours or so into it yesterday primarily focusing on finishing up the painting. I also did some chipping using Vallejo paints.
Here’s the menacing front. I emulated the viewscreen based on the AT-AT walkers. I painted it red. Then I added a highly thinned Life Color black shade. The water in the acrylics wicked along the edges making it appear to glow. Chipping was done with mostly white paint. I know that after the filter stage, it will tone the white down a bit.
For the blown out panel, I just painted everything very lightly with a few yellow hoses.
Finally, I painted the greeblies on the underside various colors and finished it off with some chipping. I used the sponge method for most of the chipping, then I came back with a tiny brush to add a few larger chips.