Finally, I got around to finishing the build of the Nebulon-B Frigate-headache. Luckily, after getting the primary pieces reattached, the details have fallen together easily. I haven't had many issues, except a few parts cracking. But again, I just keep adding layers and layers of detail, mostly styrene strips. On a nice day, I primed it using Tamiya's Fine Grey Primer, a lacquer. And this folks, is why priming is so important. I had a lot of cracks and splits that I had not previously seen. I also noticed several places where glue had collected and needed to be removed. Also, the thrusters look really bad, so I'll add that to the list of things to fix.
Priming the Frigate
Posted in Star Wars models and tagged kit-bash, nebulon frigate, scale modeling, Star Wars.
Looking good Jonathan. Your repairs are first rate. Great to see more sci-fi in the 1/500 scale, as it’s my favourite scale for the genre.
Thanks man. It’s a great size, and it’s a joy to paint so far.